We can’t guarantee that you won’t hit a pothole on our roads…
But we can guarantee that if you do, we’ll replace your damaged Firestone branded passenger tyre or Firestone Destination 4x4 tyre!
All Firestone branded passenger tyres and Firestone Destination 4x4 tyres are protected by the free Firestone Tyre Damage Guarantee. Tyres affected by road damage such as cuts bruises, impacts or irreparable punctures caused by bad road conditions, potholes, rocks, curbs or broken glass. Whatever the damage, whatever the reason, we’ll replace a damaged Firestone branded passenger or Firestone Destination 4x4 tyre. You only pay for the tread you’ve used and unlike insurance, you don’t need to pay fees. This means that you can travel our pothole-riddled roads with confidence and peace of mind on your Firestone tyres.
Firestone’s Tyre Damage Guarantee comes free with all Firestone branded passenger and Firestone Destination 4x4 tyres. Why would you buy any other tyre?
Terms and conditions apply.
How the Firestone Tyre Damage Guarantee Works
Tyres submitted for a claim are evaluated to establish the amount that will need to be paid for the replacement tyre.
The procedure is as follows:
The tyre’s remaining tread life (usable tread) is established using a tread depth gauge. The average remaining depth of the tread is then divided into the tyre’s tread depth when new. The result of this calculation gives us a ratio.
For example, a Firestone branded passenger tyre has an original tread depth of 8 mm. If there are 2mm of tread remaining on the submitted tyre, the tyre has 2/8 = 25% of its usable tread left. You will then receive a 25% credit on the price of a replacement tyre.
Example 2 - In the event that 6mm of tread is calculated as still left on the tyre, the tyre has 6/8 = 75% of its tread left, resulting in a contribution of 75% of the price of a replacement tyre.
A new tyre will be supplied, with the charge to you being the new tyre price less the contribution, based on the remaining tread as detailed above.
Usable tread is the original tread depth less the amount of the tread that you have used. When the tread is worn down to 1mm, (and is no longer legally allowed on the road), this guarantee ends regardless of the age of the tyre.
The Registration and Claims Process
The Firestone Tyre Damage Guarantee registration and claims process is now fully electronic, improving the data capturing process, making it quicker, easier and more efficient.
- Once a customer has purchased their Firestone branded passenger or Firestone Destination 4x4 tyre/s, they need to register themselves on our Firestone Tyre Damage Guarantee database by filling in an electronic form. To access the online registration form, the customer needs to scan the QR code that is on the Firestone point of sale items using their mobile phone, or enter the Firestone mobi site address (bridgestonesa.mobi) into their mobile phone internet browser. Alternatively, the salesman can log onto the Firestone mobisite on the store’s computer on the customer’s behalf.
- Once the online form is opened, the customer or the dealer completes all the required information. It is important that the form is completed in-store, not only so the salesman is available to assist, but because the salesman is required for some of the data (such as the invoice number).
- Once the form has been completed, it is submitted and uploaded to the database in real-time.
- As soon as the customer’s details are uploaded to the database, the customer will receive an electronic confirmation.
When a customer has damaged their Firestone branded passenger tyre or Firestone Destination 4x4 tyre, the customer can go to any Bridgestone authorised dealer to make the claim.
The salesman then needs to go to the Firestone Tyre Damage Guarantee Portal and find the customer on the database by entering the customer’s unique number, ID number or surname. Once the customer’s online form is found, the claim can be processed.
Terms and Conditions
Bridgestone SA guarantees to the purchaser of Firestone branded passenger tyres and Firestone Destination 4x4 tyres (provided an official dealer authorization is furnished, the tyres were purchased aftermarket and within the boundaries of the Republic of South Africa) that for the life of the tyre, should the Firestone branded passenger tyre/s or Firestone Destination 4x4 tyre/s become unserviceable as a result of road hazards encountered during normal transit, it/they will be replaced as determined below.
"Road Hazards” are cuts, bruises, impact or irreparable punctures and tyre damage caused by rocks, broken glass, potholes or curbs.
Bridgestone SA’s obligation under this guarantee is limited to the replacement of the tyre subject to the state of the usable tread. The guarantee is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and specifically does not cover consequential loss or damage.
Exclusions: Incorrect usage,vandalism,damage caused by mechanical vehicle defects,and flat spots caused by hard braking.
Where to Go
In the event of damage please go to your nearest Bridgestone authorised dealer. However, if the damage occurs whilst you’re away, go to any Bridgestone authorized dealer (within the South African border), who will immediately handle any valid claim under your guarantee.
The guarantee is void if the tyres have not been adequately maintained. Proper care is necessary to obtain maximum wear from a tyre and to ensure your safety on the road. The checks are not onerous, please do the following:
- Check to see that your tyre/wheel assemblies are in balance
- Ensure that your wheels are properly aligned
- Ensure your tyres are operated at correct inflation pressures
This guarantee is only valid if the tyre has not been transferred to any vehicle other than the one on which it was originally installed.